Search This Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2014

12/6/14

Picked up a '66 engine and transmission from East Texas and started disassembly. Hope to get the block, heads and crankshaft into the machine shop before Christmas. The plan is to buy new rods, but pistons might be a problem. Also not sure what to do about a camshaft.

Before bringing it in for a rebuild I'll play with the transmission to see if I can get the pushbuttons to shift without requiring excessive pressure.


Also started cleaning up the Cordoba wheels so I can clear coat them and get tires mounted. Ordered P215-70-R15 Cooper narrow whitewalls from Discount tire and they already arrived. They were the only whitewalls available in the size I needed, and I don't want to go with wide whites just to get the brand I prefer. I spent too many years trying to keep them looking nice, and I'm done with

 A winter cold is limiting my enthusiasm to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment