Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

More Sanding and Polishing

Still below normal temps and not much improvement for at least a week, so cleaning and polishing is all there is to do. Got all the window glass frames done except for final polishing that is waiting for my ultra-fine sandpaper order to arrive.

Also got one door trim to that point. I had thought I might have to scrap the stainless steel parts because of their deep pitting, but they will be useable, if not beautiful.

The part on the right that is nearly complete looked even worse than the one on the left before I began. You cans still see a few small pits that won't go away after the final sanding and buffing, but I don't dare cut them any deeper or the parts will bend and deform too easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment