Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2020

Buddy Holly - Everyday



Another year has passed since the day the music died in 1959. I won't repost my thoughts about that fateful day as I've done that on previous anniversaries, so if new readers are at all interested, they can refer back to those entries.

In the meantime, I'll just post this Buddy Holly favorite and hope the words forecast recent progress on my lifelong project Plymouth.

I spent a few hours earlier this week finishing a few remaining wiring jobs. The battery ground cable is now bolted to the frame under the trunk and ready to attach to the battery when I purchase that.

Today was supposed to be sunny and warm like yesterday, but it clouded over and began to drizzle so I worked in the house creating continuity checklists. I actually began continuity and isolation tests yesterday, but when I soon found a short between battery-power and switched power circuits, I decided to first make a checklist to keep track of what I'm doing.

I also routed and tied in a few wires to the location where I'm placing the backup camera, but I won't cut a hole and install the camera until I finish painting the exterior.

The rear antenna cable is also waiting for me to locate the dual antennas. So far, everything I've found has been OEM NOS or used and is far too expensive for my non-stock '56. If I can't find reasonably priced aftermarket parts, I'll probably make new bases from casting resin to attach generic parts to the tops of the fins. No use putting lipstick on a pig!


No comments:

Post a Comment