Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

...and the winner is!

Looks like a Poly 318 is the way I'm going. Well, at least I ordered some parts for one. Chrysler Power magazine is working on prototype aluminum intakes and heads. The intake is going into casting immediately, but info on the heads is not yet available. The price is high for an intake, but they had a special pre-order price that was too good to pass up. Since no one currently makes a modern four barrel intake, these should be in demand once the word gets out. The photo is of the "mule" that was used to prove the design.



Since leaky sheet metal valve covers are one of the annoying faults of Poly engines, this cast aluminum version should alleviate that problem. The cover looks nice, even with the garish manufacturer's ID, but I guess it can always be removed or covered with a decorative plate. I never could stand to wear clothing with advertising messages, and I'm somewhat the same about aftermarket car parts.


Now all I need are the aluminum heads and the previously mentioned exhaust manifold to have a really unique power plant. I'm not concerned about neck-snapping performance, and am much more interested in just having something different under the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment