Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Parts...New Tools

With Christmas in the rear view mirror, I can again spend more time on the '56. I ordered and received sheet metal patch panels, as well as some nice rubber seals from Steele for the windshield, rear window and trunk. I also ordered a tail panel from Big M, and rear seat floor pans from BlackCar LLC, but I was quoted at least a month to build.



Last weekend I made a trip to East Texas to pick up the rest of our furniture from the house we are selling and to haul back the cleaned and painted '56 frame that's been sitting in the weather for over a year. It will need some touchup sandblasting and a repaint before I install the body.



Apparently I won't be able to find patch panels for the trunk, so I'll have to make my own. I won't be able to duplicate the exact trunk pan shape, but since the car will not meant to be a restoration, that's not a problem. It will be a bit easier with this sheet metal brake that was on sale at Harbor Freight. I also got a Northern Tool bead roller from Santa. The brake is ready to go, but the bead roller needs to be bench mounted before I can use it. I'm running out of bench space to mount tools, so I may have to build a bench just for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment