Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Procrastination Doesn't Pay

When I began this project, several sheet metal repair panels were available from the aftermarket, but now that I need to order those parts, the good parts are nowhere to be found. Those advertised on e-bay are little better than cutting a piece of flat metal and forming it with a hammer.

Now I'm considering buying a metal brake and a bead roller and making them myself. I'm not concerned about a stock look, but rather a solid repair, so unless I find another source for parts, that's how I will go.

Here are two of the patch panels still available on e-bay, but as you can see they are not formed correctly and are too small to cover the typical rust damage on these cars. I'll get a lot of practice with my new welder!


No comments:

Post a Comment