Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Driver's Floor Patch

I put the new hand tools and sand bag to the test today by forming a cup-shaped add-on to the sorely lacking floor panel. No doubt I’ll need a couple of aspirin in order to sleep tonight, as my shoulder hurts already. Do you have any idea how many mallet strikes it takes to form a piece like the one in the photo?



The OEM floor shape has a raised area where the stock accelerator pedal mounts, and the patch panel I purchased was shaped to accomodate that setup, but since I will be installing a suspended pedal from a later model, I just followed the floor contours with my homemade patch panel. It actually turned out quite well, even if it’s not pretty.



I temporarily mounted the Fury stainless side trim to see what it would look like with my proposed modifications. I think it will work out okay, but I might have to reshape the angle on one corner piece. However, that task is a long way down the road and I’m not going to worry about it at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment