Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Parts, Tools and More

Tools have been arriving slowly but surely. This week I received a spot weld cutter, teardrop plastic mallet, sandbag and a flanging tool. The mallet from Eastwood is China-cheap, but the other tools are US made. I did get to practice forming the front floor panels, and actually got them to almost match the stock parts, even if the mallet was chintzy.

Got word from BlackCar that the sheet metal fabricators are back from their vacation and the rear floor panels are now in the queue.It could be up to two months before I get them, but I'm hoping they better that date.

John at Big-M auto salvage in California sent photos of the tail panel and trunk floor from the '55 he has in his yard. The trunk floor isn't in great shape, but it's better than the one I have and it's still attached to the tail panel, so it will save some labor. I gave him the go-ahead to pull the parts, but haven't heard back yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment