Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer

Seems like only yesterday that I was delaying work on the car due to nasty, winter weather, but here it is already summer and the hot, muggy afternoons are what make me retreat into my air conditioned office.

I haven't taken any photos recently since all I've been doing is finishing welding the floors and patching small holes, so there really isn't anything to show. Mornings find me on my back under the car, with a welder and hammer, but about two hours is all this old body can take on that concrete floor, and then I have to get back on my feet until I work out the kinks.

While fit checking the outer body patch panels, I found some body misalignment in the right side rocker panel area. I can't see that it ever had collision damage, so I'm guessing the extreme rust on the floors and rockers allowed the body to flex. I think I've got it about fixed, but it's taken a lot of measuring and tweaking to get it there. Before I can weld the outer rocker in place, I'll have to fit check the door.

The welcome rain of the past few days and the accompanying high humidity have caused a bloom of surface rust to appear on all the parts that have yet to be prepped and primed, so I'll have to take of some of that problem before I can finish welding. I'll sure be glad to get the structure complete so I can prime and paint the interior and underbody and not have to fight the surface rust issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment