Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

More Parts on Order

I managed to sneak in about an hour of welding yesterday but life's other duties caught me again. so, as the car sits for a while I've been checking out websites and catalogs for parts I'm going to need before too long. The last remaining steering part was the drag link, and I'm waiting for word from Vintage Auto Parts Inc. to see if they have one in their warehouse. It's been over a day, so I might be out of luck and will have to go to Kanter again.

I also talked to Roger at AAJ Brakes and after discussing my needs I ordered their Superkit, which contains all the parts needed to convert my front drums to disc brakes. He will be able to provide all Mopar designs, including rotors and calipers that are the equivalent to a '74 Charger setup. The only non-Chrysler part will be the flex hoses. I'm not a fanatic about everything being Mopar, but it makes things easier to remember if replacements are needed.

Last night I started writing up an order for all the seals, gaskets, weatherstrip and misc parts I'll need once body assembly begins. I'm ordering from Gary Goers and sometimes it takes quite a while to fill an order, so I'm trying to get a head start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment