Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One Step Forward...One Step Back


I thought I had everything needed to assemble the front suspension, but realized the control arm snubbers were not included in the rebuild kit from Kanter. They were part of a kit from another source, and I missed the fact that the one I bought does not have them. I fired off an order to Gary Goers this morning, so Hope he can get to it quickly. I can still assemble most of the suspension and brakes, so it’s not a big deal, but I have to pay better attention when ordering parts.
The trophy shop finally completed the engraved legend plates for the shifter, so one more step is complete. I hooked it up to 12VDC and it looks okay, though I’d still like the numbers to be better. Now I'll box it up for storage until I find a transmission.

 

Got the Belvedere trim holes filled in the quarter panels and applied a few coats of Bondo. I really don’t care to do body work, but unless I want sanding dust in unreachable areas, most of it needs to be done before joining the body and frame. The pictures are blurry, but my cheap camera does that occasionally and I’m sure everyone has seen enough Bondo applied to make that unimportant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment