Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

2-21-15

The up and down weather conditions have not allowed much time to work outside, so when I do have some time I clean, polish and paint the dozens of smaller items that eventually must be restored before they can be reassembled.

The stainless steel side window frames have been the most time consuming. I worked four hours Friday just to complete one side of one window. On the plus side, seeing once pitted, rusty parts gleaming is encouragement to do more.

I had been expecting some rigid window channels to arrive any day, as they had been shipped a couple of weeks ago from a Canadian company. Turns out the package was severely damaged in shipment and returned to the sender. They wrote and said they now had to wait for one of the parts to arrive from the manufacturer to refill the order. Fortunately I don't need them yet, as they were not now sure of the ship date.

I'm also waiting for a shipment of seals and weatherstrip from Gary Goers. My check has been cashed, so I'm expecting that order to arrive soon.

I've located a set of motor mount saddles in a nearby wrecking yard, but they are in a truck and except for the saddle part that supports the mount bolt the configuration is far different than those found in cars. Since the car version is proving difficult to find, I suppose I will have to get the ones from the truck and plan on doing a lot more cutting and welding. The mounts are the only thing stopping me from sending the engine block to the machine shop as I'd like to do a fit check before the block is freshly machined and subject to damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment