Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Wind, Hail, Torrential Rain, and Some Car Progress

Worst storm I've experienced since moving to Texas hit last night. Our vinyl fence was punctured in several places by hail, and one section blew down in the estimated 70mph wind. Plants were shredded and broken, and trees planted this spring were blown over. I know we had a drought, but it doesn't work trying to dump five years worth of water on us in one month. Please, Mother Nature, save a little for this fall!

I disassembled and primed the steering column, cleaned the key cylinder and removed the wheel lock parts, as I see no reason for it to be functioning on this car.

Since everything is disassembled, I ordered new ignition and turn signal switches. The ignition switch was replaced at some point, but the harness had been cut and spliced, and the work was sloppy. I may regret replacing switches as I'm sure the replacements are Chinese built.

The shock absorbers arrived this afternoon, but can't install them until it dries out a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment