Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Changes...Again

The deeper I get into this project, the crazier it gets, as I find myself running in circles and changing plans nearly every day.

I had just about given up on the idea of using the pushbutton shifter I modified, but learned that my high-detent force worry might be resolved by using a '65 model detent spring in the '66 transmission. I ordered one to try out and received an email that it's already been shipped and should be here this Wednesday. Thanks to Slant Six Dan for the info, and to Pat Blais for the outstanding response!

I also decided not to build individual bucket seats for the rear, and instead to use the stock bench seat. It would have been nice, but I have far too many other time consuming tasks to take care of if I want to get this car on the road sometime next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment