Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Still Plugging Away


Sometimes it seems as if nothing important takes place with my project. Though I’ve been able to work 2-3 hours a day since I got back from my trip, I have no pictures to document progress. I finished the cosmetic modifications to the steering column to make it look more like the original, and installed the ignition and turn signal switches, but it will need a re-paint before photos.

I’ve also been wire brushing, cleaning, de-rusting and repairing several body pats so they can be installed or taken to the upholstery shop. Door panel stainless trim is getting polished, and I completed a mockup of the redesigned door panels. They will look like a cross between the OEM Fury and Belvedere. I would have liked to use the Fury parts, but they were missing on the parts car.

Also spent a few hours on the customized steering wheel and horn ring assembly. About the time I decide which way to proceed, I come up with a better idea…or at least a different plan. It may be the last thing completed!

I finally decided the configuration for the console and purchased material for it this morning. I need to complete the frame before I can design the custom rear bucket seat frames that will need to go in with the front seats to be recovered. I’m still not sure if I can use the modified pushbutton shifter, or if I will have to use the A-body floor shift, so there are still decisions to be made about the cover and internal parts of the console. I can make that determination later as long as the external dimensions of the console frame don’t change.

No comments:

Post a Comment