Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Let There be Color!

I finally got around to putting a coat of paint on the jams and fire wall. The color is definitely the correct match for '57 Fury Sand Dune white, and I like it. Yesterday I picked up another quart so I can do the trunk and other hard-to-reach areas. For the inside areas covered by trim panels I'll use up the pint of incorrect color so it won't go to waste.



The pushbutton and park lever linkage is beginning to take shape. The biggest problem has been designing it so the brackets can be attached to the shifter assembly after it and the housing are installed in the dash, and also to determine a method to adjust cable length after everything is hooked up.

With winter coming, I had better give some priority to mating the body and frame. Now that the rockers are painted, the rest of the areas that need paint can be reached with the body resting on the frame.

I talked to the upholstery shop and he thinks he can finish by Christmas, but didn't commit to it. I'd be perfectly happy if he can finish by sometime in February, but I didn't tell him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment