Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Missed by that Much!


Saturday was another calm morning and I hoped it would remain quiet enough to shoot the epoxy primer. I pushed the car outside soon after sunrise, but didn’t have quite enough time to do the job before the wind began. Another twenty minutes and I would have been finished.

The car was filthy dirty as it hadn’t been outside for a good cleaning in weeks,  so I had to spend a half-hour brushing, blowing and wiping before I could finish masking. I was nearly done masking when the wind came up. Though it wasn’t strong, it was too much to spray.

The forecast for this morning looks similar, so if I can roll it out before sunrise and give it a quick dusting while the primer mix is sitting, maybe I can get the job done. Then it has to receive the final build-primer coat within three days, or the epoxy would have to be sanded again and I really don’t want to do that.

As long as the car was outside, I decided to give the inside work area a good cleaning, and also rearrange the stacks of parts and materials that had been put aside for storage. It looks much better now and I have more elbow room.

I also had a chance to check my winch setup. While I can still roll it around myself, I won’t be able to do that after the drivetrain is installed. The winch worked okay until the cable angle became too steep and tripped the safety shutoff. I’ll have to try rigging a brace and pulley setup to reroute the cable path. Seems like there’s always something not directly related to the car that takes time and money! I can always use the come-along, but electric motors sure makes it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment