Search This Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Air Force Blue song (1960-63)

Car restoration is going slow and another emotional holiday has arrived. While searching for an appropriate video to express my feelings on Memorial Day I ran across this one that doesn't fit the holiday, but it made me think of how many friends have passed since we served together. Some lost in war, some from illness and accident, and some after living a long and full life.

Fifty eight years ago today, I had been in the Air Force for exactly three days. I was seventeen years old, scrawny, scared and homesick. Little did I know how much I would come to love the service and that I would spend over twenty-three years wearing the blue suit!

This video brought back fond memories of the aircraft we saw every day when I was assigned to my first operational unit at Hahn Air Base, West Germany in the fall of 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment