Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2017

Steering Plan

I called the Lares Corp. to get the info to ship my steering box for rebuilding. Naturally, since I talked to them two years ago the price has gone up more than a hundred dollars. It's now $377.99 and that covers a new bearing and seal kit and labor. If any parts are bad, they are extra, but at least they can still rebuild them. They didn't commit to a time frame until they see the box

I've decided that the simplest way to join the truck steering column to the '56 box is by using all splined connections. That makes it easier to align the steering wheel if that proves to be an issue, and it requires less machining than trying to make a combination of DD joints and splines.

Here's the way I plan to do it:
II




No comments:

Post a Comment