Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Good News...Sad News

More wiring accomplished and now I have enough installed to show a little progress in pictures.

Along with the total rewiring, I'm also upgrading the headlight circuits to the more efficient configuration recommended by lighting engineer and Mopar expert, Dan Stern.

The relays for that part of the job arrived today, so now I can complete the under-hood modifications. Wiring between relays and lights has been upgraded from the stock AWG 16 to AWG 14, and the power source is now a direct line to the battery bus. Combined with better quality sealed beams, the headlights should do a much better job than the stock setup.



This photo shows where the relays will be mounted next to the circuit board. I'll make a single cover to protect the board and the lighting relays.


On an aside note, even our little town of about 1200 people is not immune from the lunatic fringe. We made the national news when a local woman's ex-husband killed his three young kids and the ex-wife's boyfriend. He shot her in the back, but she survived. She had told the judge that the husband was mentally unstable, but once again nothing was done before he snapped. At least the state won't have to spend money to convict him and keep him alive for the rest of his life. It happened about a mile from my house.

My wife's art studio had the mini-split AC installed yesterday, so all that's left is to assemble the shower stall, and then install a bathroom door and some trim. I already moved most of her tools and materials in so she can now work out there.

She'll be visiting outside the US for two weeks in June, so maybe I can forget honey-do projects for a while and get more work done on the car!


2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous, envious, and desirous of your clean and tidy firewall and engine compartment.

    My frame splice is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as neat and tidy as pictures suggest, Ray. There was almost nothing salvageable under the hood to start with, so I had to start from scratch.

    Okay, now it's your turn to post pictures of your frame mods!

    ReplyDelete