Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

1956 Plymouth Fury-Great YouTube Video



What a beautiful restoration! I can't begin to imagine the patience, the labor, and the cost of his car. It makes my project look so crude and imperfect, but it also looks like a car I'd be terrified to drive on the highway for fear of it being damaged in any way.

My shock absorber project has both good and bad news to report. The extensions fit fine and the left side shock is installed. The right is attached at the top, but the stud on the shock plate is too short! If I recall correctly, the pair came from the same car, but the right stud measures 1/4" shorter than the left and will not work with the shock. Fortunately, the stud is not welded in place, so I can bolt on a new one. Mancini has new replacements in stock for a little over eighteen dollars plus shipping, and that sure beats buying used parts that now cost over a hundred dollars a pair!

Thanks to my lack of forethought when I placed the gas tank, installing the upper bolt on the right side was a real pain. Had I installed the tank an inch more to the left it would have been simple, but the nut was close enough to touch the tank strap and in the cramped area it was nearly impossible to get started. Once the nut engaged, everything went well.

It was also difficult to find a good position to take a clear picture of the installed extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment