Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Views from Below



I picked up the driveshaft from the shop where it was being shortened, but as usual something had to go wrong. They had installed the slip yoke on the back end of the shaft after I had carefully explained to them about how it was supposed to go on the damper end. They fixed it in a few minutes, but it was  annoying, especially when the technician commented that Ford driveshafts with dampers had them on the differential end, as if Chrysler did it wrong.



I didn't like the shape of the lower radiator hose when it was installed, so I visited O'Reilly's and picked out one that looked like it would be a better fit. It's still not perfect, but looks better than the one specified in their computer, and it's not a universal fit flexible hose. Couldn't get a clear photo.

This morning I routed and hooked up the Lokar kickdown cable, but will have to wait for a helper to operate the accelerator when I make the adjustments.


I created an adjustable shift rod by combining parts of two different rods. It works okay, but now I regret having changed to a lighter detent spring in the transmission when I was originally trying to adapt the pushbutton controls to the '66 transmission. If it proves to be a problem, I'll take the car into the transmission shop to take care of swapping back to the stock spring. I just don't want to mess with it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment