Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Problematic Latch Mechanisms


The smallest things so often create the biggest problems! I’m still fighting the problem of trying to fit my homegrown door latch controls inside the tiny door space I’m stuck with. I’ve redesigned, rebuilt and miniaturized parts wherever I can, but I’m getting frustrated!

I’ve been trying to avoid using electrical controls like door poppers, but I may be forced into doing so if my latest design won’t operate properly.


My wife did such a good job of hiding her GoPro camera, she hasn’t been able to find it yet, so I’m still playing with my crappy Canon. After resetting everything yet again, I was able to get a couple of pictures to focus, but it seems to change settings by itself while it sits in the drawer.  
Bear claw latch with adapter to operate inside and outside handles individually.

Outside handle actuator mechanism to convert door handle push rod to cable pulling action. 


Maybe I’m doing something wrong with the camera, but it seems that the more things a device can do, the more unreliable it is, and I don’t need or want most of the features available on what is supposed to be a very simple, basic camera for technically-challenged operators like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment