Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Don't Like our Weather? Just wait a minute!

While I wait for the parts I have on order, I thought I'd share a North Texas weather report.

Last evening I locked up the shop in 71F weather. with a forecast of mid-30F temps and heavy rains with up to four inches of rain expected overnight. There were also tornado watches and flash flood warnings. This morning I got up to 34F with strong NW winds and a chance of mixed wintery precipitation. When the first light of dawn appeared about 7 am, I looked out the window and it was snowing so hard I could barely make out the neighbor's house across the street. An hour later, there were two inches of snow on the ground and it was 28F. A 43 degree drop in about 12 hours!

I love Texas, but the weather can often be interesting.




I did get a few things accomplished yesterday. I got all the front lights wired and protected with a corrugated sleeve, so now the front looks a little cleaner. The parts to repair the one headlight bucket have been shipped and that's about all I need for the front.

It's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s again next week, so if the parts arrive I might get back to work on the car for a few hours.

3 comments:

  1. ... So, so much for moving away from the snow areas, huh?
    Honestly, it looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can't seem to get away from snow, but today it's near 60 again and tomorrow might see 70! Ray, when you get tired of shoveling that stuff, come on down and take a break for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...... now that is the best and most interesting offer I have had for a long time !

    ReplyDelete