Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Custom Antenna Bases

With the arrival of spring weather, I'm not getting much play time. About all I've been able to accomplish is making custom antenna bases for the fin-mounted duals. They are not like the OEM parts, but it looks as if they will work okay. I tried them out on my parts car and they look okay, even if they are not as stylish as the real '56 parts.

It tool about eight hours to make the two parts, and all I have left to do is polish the ABS plastic on my buffer.

The ABS rod was the perfect diameter and it was nice to work with, even without real machine tools.  There are probably higher quality universal antennas to be had for a little more money, but like so many things I've chosen to make, they'll be good enough for my daily driver faux-Fury.

I suppose I should be concentrating on larger restoration tasks, but it's been too cold to paint and I'm busy with another one of my wife's studio projects, but warmer weather is on the way, so I'm sure that will give me more enthusiasm to put in longer hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment