Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

Organization at Last!

 When the weather is too cold and windy to enjoy working in the workshop, my time is usually claimed by my wife for one of her projects. However, this time I decided to take on one of my projects that has been put off far too long. Even though the weather sucks, the sun has been shining enough to heat the upstairs storage area of my garage to a comfortable level 

The long-delayed project has been to build storage racks and to organize boxes of mixed car parts so I don't have to paw through boxes of parts to find what I need. I know there have been many times that I spent far more time looking for something than actually working on the car.

The racks I completed will accommodate about 75% of the large and medium-sized boxes I currently have, and I have three metal storage racks for small boxes. The gabled end will have some wide shelving installed, and several larger parts now sitting on the floor will hang from hooks on the studs.

Island Rack

North Side Rack

About half the sorting has been accomplished and nearly all boxes have been labeled or relabeled after sorting. 

The weather forecast for tomorrow is windy and warm, so I might get something done on the car. I'm getting impatient for the new door latches to arrive so I can install the door glass!


2 comments:

  1. I've done the same job upstairs in my garage years ago,even the storage boxes looks the same.I labelled all the boxes with their content,but the 55 wagon project has taken so long,so long that the labels has fallen off,so now,I have no clue where the various parts are anymore...hehe
    Regards,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some boxes were already marked with contents, but had a similar problem with labels. This time I applied a strip of clear packing tape over the label to secure it to the box and also protect the information from being damaged.

    ReplyDelete