Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Door Glass Trim Riveting Jig


The door glass is complete and waiting for the latches to arrive so I can verify how much clearance I will have to install the power window hardware.

I gave up on trying to temporarily hold the stainless pieces in place while I riveted them together. It was too difficult to get the rivets tight enough, so I made a simple tool to hold everything together so I could install  the tubular rivets with my little homemade set. 

The metal piece in the picture serves as a backing plate for the rivet and a spacer to secure the stainless in one position. As usual, it took an hour to make the jig, and five minutes to rivet the stainless pieces together. No wonder I've been on this project for more than ten years!

 

Riveting Jig

Door Glass Assembled


No comments:

Post a Comment