Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

82*-28*

 That's the temperature range the past two days...a 54* swing in less than 24 hours! 

Yesterday I was wearing a tee-shirt and sweating profusely in a summer-like 82F while testing electrical circuits under the hood.  Last night we had high winds and ,75" of rain. This morning it was 28F with a cold NW wind, and tomorrow the forecast is for freezing rain and temps remaining below freezing all day. Such is the nature of North Texas weather.

Yesterday was a big day for the old Plymouth. I've owned the car for about 12 years and it's the first time it has had a battery installed and power applied. So far, I've hooked up only the main power circuits and verified that all the buss connections were working properly. 

The first fuses I installed were for the lighting circuits, and immediately ran into a problem. No lights! First things I found were two mis-wired relays in the modified headlight circuit. When I was laying out the wiring diagram, I made a simple drafting error, and the electricity didn't like that a bit! 

After I fixed that problem, I discovered 2 to 5 volts in the console where I should have had 12 volts. It didn't take long to find a ground problem, but it was time to quit for the day, and now winter has set in again, so I doubt I'll be spending much time in the garage until the weather warms up again. Looks like that will happen early next week.

Meanwhile, I spent part of today repairing a section of privacy fence the wind took out during the storm last night. I've been trying get a fence company to replace the sections with the post problems, but they are so busy I had to make an appointment three weeks in advance, just to get an estimate! Who knows when they will be able to do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment