Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2023

Console Progress

 Snow is possible tomorrow, so I dodged the housework today and spent a couple of hours in the garage.

I completed the rear seat end of the console top, along with an armrest/cover for the storage bin and fuse access. 




Now I have to work my windshield wiper problem before I can assemble the rest of the console. I read, but don't clearly understand, the steps needed to adjust the wiper park position. The service manual does not have a sketch or photo to make it clear to my fading mind. Sometimes a simple instruction can be so confusing!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure, but I don't think the park position is adjustable as such. With the wiper blades not on the car and with the ignition switch and wiper motor on, shut the wiper switch off, the motor should move to the park position ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the weather holds tomorrow, I'm going to try to work the problem. My wiper arm removal tool is hiding somewhere, and before I adjust anything on the motor, I want to remove the arms and see if I can reorient them to match the position the arms park now. I thought I had done that when I installed all the parts, but I might have screwed up. The service manual has a brief description of how to adjust the motor if I can't do it by re-keying the arms.

    ReplyDelete