Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Ice-bound!

 This is the third day in a row that I've been stuck in the house and not able to walk anywhere outside.  I couldn't even get to the workshop so I could get tools to break up the ice around the house.  This is the worst ice storm I've experienced in the 25 years I've lived in Texas. Only one worse I can recall was in Germany nearly sixty years ago. That time I was driving home from the missile site and had to stop and install tire chains. It took about an hour to get them on while crawling around on hands and knees. Guess I should have retired a few hundred miles farther south and closer to the Gulf of Mexico!

Fortunately, there was minimal ice buildup on trees and power lines, so we got lucky that way. Looks like the thaw will start this morning and the forecast is for 60s and 70s within a few days. Then maybe I can get back to work on the car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment