Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

Dash Paint

The weather wasn't conducive to keeping the garage doors open to work on the back of the car, so as a fill in job I cleaned and prepped the top of the dashboard. I picked up a can of semi-flat black from Lowes, but as you can see, it's too shiny. I'll have to order another brand that's said to be very close to OEM by someone who has restored a '56 Plymouth, but in the meantime the surface is protected from rust and the part will go into storage and out of the way until needed.


I didn't paint the shifter pushbutton housing as I'm still trying to locate parts for the modified TorquFlite setup that I want to adapt. If anyone knows where I can obtain a foot or two of 1/2" square, stainless steel thinwall tubing, please let me know. The places I've contacted won't even respond to my request. I imagine they are only interested in big orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment