Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Passenger Side Floors

I should learn to bite my tongue before predicting how much repair will be needed in an area I haven't carefully inspected.

While the chassis mount in the back seat area on the passenger side is in better shape than its counterpart on the opposite side, everything else in the floor and rocker area is total junk. I've spent the better part of two days with cutters, saws and air chisel removing rusted parts, and I'm still not done with tear down.

 
I also discovered the passenger side rear floor pan I purchased from Black Car is too wide. If you never noticed, be aware that the drive shaft hump is offset to the right a couple of inches, which means the floor pans are not the same width. The pans I bought are mirror images, so the one I'm installing next will have to be cut off and re-bent. I don't know if it was a mistake caused by the fabricator being unaware there were two patterns required, or if the manufacturer simply deciding to make two of the larger size and let the customer take care of it, but for me it's yet another time consuming pain in the rear, and Black Car is going to receive a do-better letter from one unhappy customer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment