Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Radio Mockup

The radio/GPS unit finally arrived after being in transit 11 days from North Carolina. Not at all typical for something ordered and shipped from Amazon.

I did a quick mockup and it looks like it fits okay. Final assembly will be reserved for a cold day this winter



Spent a half-day removing rust and priming some of the remaining sheet metal and small parts. Every time I open a box I find something else that needs restoration.

I also welded up the trim holes on one of the fenders. The method I'm going to use to attach side trim won't require the usual clips that are always among the first rust targets.

Did a bit more shimming and fitting body mounts and ran into a couple more interference issues. Since I don't want to cut out and weld the floor sheet metal, I'll use the "bigger hammer" method to adjust a couple of the homemade floor patches. Nothing will be visible after everything is put together, but I still hate doing things like that, even on a daily driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment