Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Taking a Break


Cold, wet and windy weather makes for delays again. I really should get an efficient heating system in the workshop so it will heat up faster and hold the temperature better.

Being confined to the house most of the day has at least given me time to begin ordering the next batch of parts that I’ll need once the engine and transmission are installed. Rock auto already came through with their usual quick response. I received the fuel pump and spark plugs two days after ordering, and the distributor is scheduled to deliver tomorrow. A day or two later I’m expecting heater hose nipples, bypass hose, breather caps and water neck.

I also ordered a 600cfm Edelbrock carb from Summit this morning. My previous 4-bbl conversions got Edelbrock’s AFB clones, but this time I decided to try the air valve secondary version. In my experience, the old Carter AVS got better mileage than the AFB, so I’ll be interested to see how this setup compares with the AFB clone I have on the LA 318 in my ’73 D100 truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment