Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Guest Post

Construction is still proceeding slowly, so I'll share some photos sent to me by a Norwegian reader who is rebuilding a '55 Plymouth station wagon. It appears to have a very solid base to build on, and like so many cars being restored by Mopar enthusiasts from the Scandinavian countries, the quality of workmanship is outstanding.




He also sent photos of artifacts from the Viking boat museum. The details of their construction and artistry is amazing!




My paternal grandparents are both Norwegian, and I'm very proud of my heritage. Granddad's parents emigrated from Norway in the late 1800s and settled in Illinois to farm, so he was born an American citizen. My grandmother was 17 and her sister 19 when the two of them came to America in the early 1900s and traveled to North Dakota to homestead on the prairie. Neither spoke English, but settled in an area where there were several homesteaders from Norway, Sweden and Finland, so they fit right in.

Thanks for the photos, Geir, and keep us up to date on your '55 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment