Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Seats

Parts and pieces are arriving, but my back still won't cooperate. More soundproofing materials have been shipped, as have more wiring supplies. They should be here by Monday. While I wait to heal, I've been able to get a few things ordered, and some things picked up locally.

My seats are done and I got them yesterday. I was very pleased with the price and with the color combination I chose. They loaded them in the van for me, but I had to unload them and get them stored by myself. There was no way to avoid lifting and that probably delayed my recovery for another week. I could barely move last night. I'll have to force myself to rest today.

I was hoping to pick up the wiper bezels yesterday, but the machine shop said they could not do the job as there was no way to grip the irregular shaped parts without damaging the plating. I took them home and used a Dremel stone to clean out and enlarge the holes for the bushings. I got the bushings pressed in, but still need to assemble the parts.


2 comments:

  1. So, in the typical male way you're fixing your back by doing nothing for it (more or less)? Chiropractors can help, as do muscle relaxants, ……….and as you are doing………. time of course. Been there, get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY back has been a problem for 50 years and I've done the chiropractor and muscle relaxant routine without much success. A few years ago, after a month of nagging pain, my doctor tried injections around the spinal cord. I walked in the office hunched over and hurting, and walked out like I had never had a problem. I hate having to resort to cortisone again, but might have to if there is no improvement in a few days.

    ReplyDelete