Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mowers and Headliners

Just spent the better part of two days repairing my John Deere lawn tractor and didn't get much time for the car, but in between mower fixing in the hot side of the workshop, I did take a few minutes to cool off in the air conditioned side while working on a few small Plymouth tasks. At least the mower is finally back together. While it was disassembled I had access to everything, so I gave it a complete lube and oil change, a tune-up, and adjusted the mower deck, so it should be good for another year.

The headliner buck is down to the final shaping and leveling phase. After one more sanding, it will get a coat of paint to seal the dusty, plaster surface before attempting the first shot at making a fiberglass shell. I'm still not confident the project will work, but if not I can always fall back on the OEM method with bows, tacks, and windlace.



More electrical wire arrived, so I can begin stringing the bundles that go from front to back. I have yet to find sockets for the courtesy lights, so they may require a custom setup if I can't locate good stock replacements or a similar aftermarket design.




No comments:

Post a Comment