Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

The Beat Goes On

Not to be outdone by a computer crash, my three-year-old John Deere D140 threw the drive belt off the transmission pulley before I finished the weekly mowing. I towed it back to the garage and cleaned out the grass cuttings so I could at least find the drive belt! I now have the deck removed and the tractor up on jack stands, so when it's cool tomorrow morning I'll check the belt for damage. The part that's clearly visible looks good, so I'm hoping it can just be reinstalled.

In the few minutes I took to work on the car, I did manage to install the substitute backup light lenses and they look okay if you're not a stickler for a perfect restoration. The gaskets fit perfectly and only lens modification needed was to slot the mounting holes. Now to find the safe place where I stored the new bulb sockets I bought several months ago!



The machine shop hasn't called to say the steering column is complete. He said it would be about two weeks, but it's been nearly four. Not that it's needed yet, but I'm beginning to get a little nervous with no word from them..

No comments:

Post a Comment