Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

Updating No Progress

The beautiful weather we've been experiencing recently would be perfect for outdoor painting, but I don't have anything ready to paint. Calm mornings and evenings with temps in the eighties during the day and fifties at night, tend to prevail in the fall, but at the rate I'm going, painting won't be happening until at least next spring.

I mentioned some health problems, and they have taken their toll since I got back from my trip. Too many household chores piled up while I was gone and I've been pushing too hard to catch up. Another trip to the doctor this week was encouraging, but he thinks it will be weeks and possibly months before I'm back to whatever passes for "normal" at this age. Frustrating!

The biggest local car show of the year takes place in nearby Denton tomorrow. I pre-registered my '64 Valiant convertible, but I'm not sure I'll attend. I cleaned the exterior the this morning, but ran out of strength before I finished the interior, so I won't make a decision to go until tomorrow morning.


Between chores, I do get a few minutes to accomplish minor things on the old Plymouth, but I foolishly agreed to another project my wife is pushing for.

We're planning to build a 10' X 16' pool house/greenhouse/studio/guest cottage adjacent to the workshop, and I have to draw up the plans as I haven't found a standard design that would work for multi-use. I thought drafting it would be a one evening job with my TurboCad program, but I discovered that Windows 10 doesn't like TurboCad version 18 and many functions don't work. I really don't want to upgrade the software as it's expensive and I seldom use it anymore, so it's back to pencil and engineering pad!

With so many contractors heading for Houston to repair flood damage, I'm guessing I don't stand a chance of finding someone to build it anyway, so there probably isn't any rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment