Search This Blog

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Yawn....!

Another experiment that begs for something exciting to happen, but nothing about an experimental collection of cardboard, foam, plaster of paris and a clueless old man can be made to be anything but boring!


I mixed and applied the contents of the first bag of plaster and it went fast and quite well. It covered and sealed nearly the entire, porous form, so I'm guessing I'll need only one or two more 8 lb. bags to finish the job. When I see how far the remaining bag goes in leveling and more precise shaping, I'll get a better idea how much more to buy when I go into town on Tuesday.

I'm reluctant to drive any more than necessary as some gas stations are already running low. The local Racetrack with about thirty pumps had all but four blocked off this morning, so they are probably about out. The price was also posted at forty cents a gallon higher than it was last week, and more than double the price I paid in the Texas panhandle the day I came back from my trip. I'm sure the price will remain high for quite a while, but I hope the supply will return to normal in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment