Search This Blog

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Steering Box Mods

The good news is that I got a call from the machine shop yesterday telling me that the steering shaft from the Dodge truck had been joined to the '56 steering gear box, and that I could pick it up any time.

The quality of the work is very nice and he charged only $60 for about two hours work. Since he also offered a sincere apology, I think he did it on the cheap for taking three months to get the work done. The guy who had the heart attack was back on light duty, but at least they were catching up on backlogged work.

The bad news is, that I misplaced the mounting bolts and will have to get replacements from the local Fastenal store that won't be open until Monday. It's been really cold for two days, but the forecast is to hit 70F tomorrow and I won't be able to take advantage of the nice day to mount it!








No comments:

Post a Comment