Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Fuse/Relay Board


Underhood wiring is underway again. I replaced the bad aftermarket ignition harness with one I salvaged years ago and now at least the connectors fit properly. Summit didn’t even ask for the defective parts to be returned.

I increased the size of the alternator output wire from AWG12 to AWG10, since I now have an 80 amp alternator. Other wiring has been upgraded too. Probably not needed, but where wiring is concerned I’m from the belt and suspenders crowd.  


The Fuse/Relay block I received a couple of weeks ago is mounted in the original battery location with a custom-made bracket. The metal below the battery was quite pitted from acid, so I cleaned it well, rust-proofed it and cut a piece of neoprene to cover the area as well as add a bit of shock damping for the circuit board.


It feels great to be back to work on the car!

2 comments:

  1. Gary, what make and model is the Fuse/Relay block? Thanks, Ray.
    (Cut and notched the two frames today, because I'm lowering the car it ended up being a Z cut so it is not a total overlap. Pictures soon. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, the generic board was purchased from Columbine Automotive Products in Longmont, CO. It's called a Universal Fuse Panel, and the price was $135 plus shipping. I haven't tried attaching wires yet, but the quality looks good so far.

    Looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete