Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2018

It Must be Raindrops!


Rain at last! 
I had begun to think we had seriously angered the rain gods. There have been several heavy rains within a few miles of us in the past two weeks, but we received nothing more than sprinkles until yesterday. Yesterday morning I found 1.35 in the rain gauge, and over last night, another 1.40 fell. Then it started again this morning and so far, we added another 1.25 to the total. We could use another inch or two before it quits, but I'm very happy with what we got! The three-inch wide cracks in the clay soil should close for the season and I can probably stop hauling hoses around  to water shrubs every few days.
Before the rains began, the temperatures were in triple digits again, so a couple hours a day working on the car was all the air conditioner and I could handle. I'm still routing and terminating under-dash wiring, and it’s still a slow process as I have to create hook-up information as it happens, so I can keep track of the configuration for future reference. I'm nearing the point where I can permanently install the console frame, and soon after that, the dashboard can go in. Hooray!
With luck, the weather should moderate soon, as the nights are getting cooler and longer and I can open the garage doors in the morning to cool it off. Now if I can just pump up my enthusiasm a few notches! Seeing the interior come together should help that problem a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment