Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Console Wiring



The console is fastened in place again, and now I’m installing the last fuse and ground terminal strips. To isolate a new fused circuit for the LED lights, I removed one of the larger fuse blocks and replaced it with a smaller 2-fuse block with 1-amp fuses per the instrument manufacturer’s instructions. Two of the other circuits are original ’56 and are breaker protected to 15 amps, while additional added circuits require 5 and 10 amp fuses.

I routed nearly all the wires to and through the console, so the next step is terminating inside the console, but the seat control module wiring could be another headache. The seats used in my Valiant were from a 1999 Sebring and those in the ’56 are from a 2001. I still have the wiring info for my Valiant, but the new module has more and different colored wires. I hope it will be as simple as cross-checking functions to terminals. The important ones are those that control the seat belt locks from the inertia switch. I don’t need the time-delay relays and door activated switches the Sebring used, and the power seats are easy to identify. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
I’ll have to locate a schematic for the 2001 Sebring convertible, but the Google and Microsoft search engines gives priority to Ford, GM and Toyota, so it’s a tedious search. If anyone has a 2001 wiring manual handy, I’d love to have a scanned copy of the seat wiring pages, or a link to a source online.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Gary ! Hope to see your car finished in 2019 !
    Merry Christmas,and a Happy New Year !
    Geir

    ReplyDelete