Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2018

It's the Dog, Ray, the DOG!


You are almost right Ray about slacking, but it’s not me, it’s the dog that’s holding up progress! I waste my time trying to teach her some smarts, and that eats into my car building time. All she does is follow me like a shadow, stopping occasionally to scratch an ear or lick her butt. She won’t get out of my way when I’m working and always sticks her nose into whatever I have in front of me, or she hops around on her back legs hoping to look cute enough to talk me into giving her something tasty to chew on. She is far too annoying to look cute!

Gracie took it upon herself to claim the hierarchal position held by Bonnie, my Shar Pei that died this past July. She doesn’t realize that her dumb looks with the underbite, too long nose, bulging eyes, and bad breath can never replace the wrinkled face, graceful style and lady-like dog manners of Bonnie. 


My wife’s Maltese, Cricket, is sweet, photogenic and smart and she favors my wife. Unfortunately, Gracie looks and acts like my side of the family.  I think she picked me because she’s more my style too…untrainable and ugly! She got her name by being so clumsy that she’d fall over just walking along.

She turns three-years-old this month, so I guess its been long enough that I’m stuck with her. Now that she thinks she's my dog, she wants to ride in the car all the time, but I’m embarrassed to take her anywhere with me. People think I should have a big working dog sitting in the seat beside me, and then the break into laughter when they see her sitting in my lap like a damn princess!

Ah well, I’m getting to old to worry about trying to look cool anymore, so I guess I’ll have to put up with the little white monster for a while.

Oh yeah…my car progress. Still working on wiring, but mostly Christmas shopping and fighting with insurance companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment