Search This Blog

Friday, April 7, 2023

Update and Ridiculous Rides From Norway

 Still having medical problems limiting much of my activity, but I occasionally sneak into the shop to work on a few little things. 

I recently ordered a pair of door jamb light switches to replace the low-quality switches that I bought online a couple years ago. One or those low-quality parts is working, but the other has an internal short, and that convinced me to order new parts with hope they would be stronger. However, the new switches are about a quarter inch too long to fit '55-'56 Mopars. To be fair, they were advertised for '62 and up, but I was hoping I could make them work. I did have one salvaged OEM switch that I cleaned and de-rusted. It's functioning okay, so my interior lights are now working properly, but. I'll keep my eyes open for some new parts that are made somewhere besides China! One thing I did discover is that the thread size differs. My car has 3/8"-24 threads in the jamb, and the shoddy aftermarket switches had 3/8"-16 threads on the switch body even though they were listed as correct for '56 Plymouths. Since the ancient switch I salvaged matches my car's threads, I might be smarter to just look for good used parts.

Looking forward to getting back to work on the '56. 

Happy Easter and enjoy the video! 



1 comment:

  1. Gary, good to hear you'r moving around. From a poor memory caused by to many birthdays and pacemaker drugs I think I had to enlarge the inner door jam holes to allow room for the door switches. After seven weeks of working on the fuel gauge I had to finally admit defeat today, the physical, mental, and money stress wore me out. I am going to put a aftermarket gauge in the dash, feels good not to have to think about it anymore.
    Is this Easter thing when the groundhog doesn't see his shadow ?

    ReplyDelete