Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Paint Saga Continues

I never thought procuring the correct '57 Fury paint would be an issue, but I think it might finally be resolved.

After two weeks of hearing nothing back from the painter who was going to have the supplier scan the actual '57 Fury, I stopped at the paint shop to find out what was happening. After some confused conversation and a couple of phone calls, it was determined that they had scanned it and determined the proper Delfleet code. They mixed a pint, put it in a box, and I was on my way. Unfortunately, I neglected to look at the smear on the top of the can until I got home. At least this time it wasn't a grayish white...it was dark gray! More phone calls, an hour wait, and another thirty mile round trip, but this time the color looks right.


Going with the Delfleet product instead of Deltron was at the suggestion of the painter. He said it better matches the OEM paint and saves several hundred dollars. I can get two gallons for less than one gallon of the other, and since I don't want the modern look, it might be a better choice.

Gary Pavlovich sent me the cam specs which I dropped off a stock cam, but decided to go with a torque grind from Gary, so a spring upgrade was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment