Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Before the Rain

Heavy rains predicted for the next week, so with perfect temps the last few days  I concentrated on doing things that I prefer to work on outside. Solvent cleaned and wire brushed bolts, brackets, and misc small parts.

Finished rust removal and surface prep, repairing, and tack-welding one fender.


Added filler rings in all gauge mounting holes and eliminated the dash speaker grille since it matched the speedometer dimensions and now I'll be using a smaller gauge. Instead of going through the trouble of modifying the grille, I decided to get rid of it. I'm modifying the dash more than originally planned, but since duplicating the OEM gauge design is too expensive, I'll concentrate on making it more attractive and functional. However, though no longer symmetrical it should still look somewhat original.




Engine is ready to assemble, so I'll have an indoor job to work on until the weather clears again. Had to clean lots of rust and scale from the water jacket.


Everything scheduled for the upholstery shop is ready to go. Just waiting for word to take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment