Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2015

Seats and Little Stuff

Seats and door panels went into the upholstery shop yesterday. I had a difficult time deciding what color vinyl to use, as there was nothing that perfectly matched the OEM exterior paint shade that I'm also using on the dash.  After considering dozens of samples, I decided to go with a medium tan that matches the fabric nicely and also the leather that will be used on the steering wheel wrap. It should also look good with the bright, stainless steel window frames and gold/brass trim.

The dash is ready for paint, and I'll try to accomplish that this weekend. If the weather improves, I might also push the car outside and paint the door jams and firewall, since they are all the same color.

Ordered windshield wiper blades and a few trim pieces for the interior.

I was lucky to run across a dealer script from Eastside Chrysler Plymouth in Aurora, CO. It was the dealer I used for repairs when I was stationed at Lowry AFB, and is the dealership where the main character in my novel would have bought his '56 Fury, since it was not far from the base. It seems appropriate to put it on my car...if it ever gets on the road.

The redesigned park lever and shifter cable arrangement is getting closer to reality. The cardboard mockup works okay, and now I only have to make a bell crank and a bracket to mount it to the transmission case so I can test the operation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I'd really like to keep the pushbutton shifter!

Still haven't decided on the gauges. I really hate spending that much, but will have to decide soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment