Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Upholstery

I visited the upholstery shop this morning and tentatively checked the vinyl colors. One problem I discovered was that no currently produced material perfectly matches the dash color. The choices I have are to find a better matching obsolete material from the warehouse stock, and hoping there is enough for the job, or changing the dash color to more closely match a currently available vinyl so we can use a current product.

We found several current samples that would look fine with the stock exterior color, so using that shade on the interior metal might be a better solution. He said that it would be about two weeks before he will be ready to start my job, so I have that long to make a decision about paint.

Speaking of two weeks, my transmission should be ready any day if that shop's schedule didn't change. I told him the date wasn't critical, and that he could delay mine if someone came in with a transmission problem and was desperate for repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment